Sunday, December 7, 2008

Upcoming Assignment Details

Tragedy strikes! I will be out two of school days this week for a conference. We've still got miles to go before we sleep, as Frost would say, so this requires you all to make excellent use of class time in my absence, whether or not we are assigned a substitute.

On Wednesday, December 10th, you should work in small groups on the timeline assignment, which I will give you in class earlier this week. I will collect your work when I return on Friday. 

A first, partial draft of your research paper is due on Thursday, December 11th. Before class, you should email me a copy so I can give you credit; bring a hard copy to class for peer review. I will be checking the peer reviewed drafts for quality of feedback when I return on Friday so bring them with you.

Criteria follow:
  • Typed, double spaced, emailed and brought to class on time 
  • At least six pages in length at this point ... if you have more, all the better, because you're getting more feedback
  • I could care if the draft starts from the very beginning or not ... that's your writing process 
  • Must include appropriate citations ... drafts without in-text citations will receive no more than half credit, so don't tell me that you're "adding them later" 
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns, the sooner the better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment