Note: I forgot one thing we need to do for Friday. It's marked below in yellow.
Monday, January 19th
• Martin Luther King Jr. Day. No school. Remember this week’s food drive!
Tuesday, January 20th (M)
• Due: Work on literature circle projects.
• Class: Reactions to the inauguration; research paper presentations.
Wednesday, January 21st (T)
• Due: Annotate the inauguration speech (speech unit pre-assessment).
• Class: Research paper presentations; final preparations for literature circle groups.
Thursday, January 22nd (W)
• Due: Literature circle projects! Hooray! Please review directions and let me know your technology needs in advance. Anything that requires set up (computer files, etc) should be checked with me and delivered in the morning. Also, bring your books in today so I can look at sticky note or double column annotations.
• Class: Presentation of literature circle projects.
Note: Did you read the part about bringing your books?
Friday, January 23rd (H)
• Due: Read “Prologue” from The Dream and turn in Obama annotations if you haven't already. I will accept your letters on Monday but the rest of the work still applies. Revised research paper letter. Bring the following: (1) the original draft with my comments, (2) a clean, revised copy for your folder, and (3) either a second clean copy to mail with an addressed, stamped envelope ready to go OR a printout of a sent email (if you are emailing your letter, (2) and (3) may be the same).
• Class: Self-assessments on literature circle projects; introduction to MLK speech.
Note: If you are out of class today please consult the blog for make-up instructions; I will post the self-reflection prompt and video clips. Unless illness is a factor, plan to catch up over the weekend.
Monday, January 26th (F)
• Due: SOAPSTone analysis of MLK speech; read assigned chapter from The Dream.
• Class: Presentation on Rhetoric I: Canons, Schemes, Tropes.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment